P/T COFFEE SHOP COOK
We are looking for Coffee Shop Cook to join our friendly team in our newly refurbished Café.
- Reporting to the restaurant manager and assisting in all operational aspects and ensuring the smooth running and exceptional service of the operation.
- Monitoring stock and placing orders when there are shortages
- Monitoring food costs
- Checking quality of ingredients
- Ensuring safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen
- Managing kitchen staff and delegating tasks related to meal preparation, cooking and delivering food to diners in a timely fashion
- Managing relationships with suppliers and resolving issues with vendors promptly
- Stock taking
- Maintaining the schedule for kitchen staff
- Keeping up with industry trends and creating new recipes
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
- Ensuring great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Ensuring all food and other items are stored properly
- Ensuring personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out in accordance to safety requirements and food hygiene regulations.
- General housekeeping duties
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Have a real passion for food
- Have cooking experience and have worked in a similar position
- Maturity and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be IT literate (Use of email and basic Microsoft Office programs)
- Have a high level of integrity and honesty
- Be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Work well as part of a team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have an interest in good, healthy, nutritious food
- Have the ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure
- Have high standards of personal hygiene
Applicants should be enthusiastic and self-motivated. The individual should have a friendly outgoing manner and excellent customer service skills for our busy Coffee Shop.
We offer a competitive salary, staff discount, free uniform and free staff car parking.
This is a fab opportunity within a fun & friendly company. If you fit the criteria above, then apply now!
Due to the high number of applicants we receive sadly we cannot reply to everyone, therefore if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful this time.
Apply for this vacancy
Do you want to respond to this vacancy? Please fill out this form completely and your information will be sent to the garden centre.